Link Building in SEO
As we all know link building for SEO is very important. SEO primarily comprises of two part that are on page optimisation, and off page optimisation. When we’re working on structuring our web pages for ranking purposes, this is on page SEO. When link building to link back to our website, this is called off page SEO. Link building is more difficult because you do not have the control over the site where your links will be displayed on. For this reason link building require much work to do, but pays huge in the end.
Always keep in mind that you are leaving permanent foot prints in the Internet. Make sure, it’s all good quality and not just spreading your link here and there. When link building is done, the quality of links is much important. Quality links are basically links that are placed on blogs, forums, other sites and directories.
Quality links results in good reputation and having a good sense of professionalism. This simply means that you are creating a good brand. If you have good quality links, this will boost up your rankings on the different search engines and helps a lot in generating more traffic to your site.
So doing link building properly is very important for you to receive the benefits that you’re expecting. Here are different locations for you to build backlinks.
Different Locations to put links to create Link Building in SEO:
- Purchase links: We can buy quality links from different companies. As better the link the more money it will cost and results in higher benefit.
- Asking for links: If you have visited different blogs that are relevant to your website you can post a link to your site.
- Directory Submission: With directory submission you can register your website in a directory to get a link that points back to your site. Some directories are very popular with the search engines and this could be a good source for getting more backlinks.
- Article submission: Submitting quality articles to article submission sites has been very important as this builds very strong backlinks. This is a solid way to build very profitable backlinks.
- Press releases: Writing content for press releases is very valuable to your website. Submitting press releases is very similar to submitting articles on different websites.
- Free back link sites: You should use free back link sites to get a number of backlinks.
Simple Techniques of SEO Link Building:
1.) On Page SEO includes outbound links to our website.
2.) Off page SEO is very important part of your SEO link building plan. This back linking pointing back to your website is a very powerful marketing strategy when applied properly. Start out working on getting a few backlinks every day or so. The older your site more back links you can build.
3.) Get backlinks from a variety of related sites on the web. Include blog commenting, bookmarking and add your link wherever possible. Spamming by adding hundreds of links is a bad idea as the search engines will notice this and can move your rankings down. You should spend Much of your time on writing articles and adding quality content to your website.
4.) Comment on other related forums to gain valuable links pointing to your site. Commenting anywhere with a link pointing back to your site is beneficial.
5.) Write articles and post them to article submission sites. This is another common and popular way to get links. Write about your topic and post it to article directories such as GoArticles.com and EzineArticles.com.
What not to do for backlinks in SEO
– Never build links from banned sites
– Never build links from gambling sites
– Do not build a large amount of links in a very short period of time
– Never use black hat techniques
Find your competitors, figure out what techniques they are using to get higher ranking and then go after those same links.
Tips for your Link Building Strategy:
Developing a strategy for effective link building should be your first step. Some good examples of how to improve your links include infographics, guest posting. Improving search engine ranking requires some technical knowledge. No two SEO campaigns will be the same and you are free to develop a strategy that works best for your client. The most effective form of link building involves getting links from within content as this is a more natural approach. Furthermore, you need to be ensure that you’re always aware of changes in the industry that will ultimately impact link building.
- Your site should have a mixure of nofollow and dofollow links.
- Distribute your links appropriately so that one section of your website isn’t over-represented.
- Always check the quality of your content before publishing to those sites.
How To Find backlink Profile of your competitors?
Go to the Yahoo Site Explorer and enter your competitor’s url in the search bar, then click on the yellow “Explore URL” button.Then Click on the “inlinks” tab and see how many pages are linking to the one. The next step is to filter out any internal links. For this, change the “Show Inlinks” option to “Except from this domain”.
Importance of Link Building for SEO:
A new site won’t have a page rank or an Alexa rank and won’t be optimized. All of these hurt your web optimization & ranking of site. To successfully promote your website a good link building is very important.
It is important to get links from sites having a high page rank, however, those links can be very difficult to get. The difficulty and time it takes to get links on high page ranked sites should be balanced. If you spend all of your time & energy to get links only on high ranked pages, it might not happen and your sites ranking will suffer for it. It is better to have a balanced approach by spending time linking on both high and low ranked sites.
Link directories are an example to quickly and easily obtain a number of low page ranked links back to your site. Newsletters, press releases are all examples of places where you can get one way links back to your site. Other more high quality links include guest blog posts, article submissions in article directories and blog commenting.
Links leading to your page confirm that there is good quality of content on your site. A visitor to a website will see your link and click to your page; it gives you more website traffic. An increase in web traffic will encourage business growth.