Sarasota Half Marathon brings traffic pattern changes
The 13th Annual First Watch Sarasota Half Marathon, 10k and the relay is on Sunday. Sarasota Half Marathon brings traffic pattern changes. Roadways around the Sarasota Bay will remain partially closed to traffic. This is done to accommodate this race. The race will begin at 6.30 a.m. from the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall. It is situated at the 777 North Tamiami Trail and lane closures will begin from 6.15 a.m.
There is going to be temporary lane closures in these following locations:
- North Tamiami Trail: Southbound lanes closed off between Blvd. of the Arts and Gulf Stream and from 6.15 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.
- John Ringling Cause Way: Westbound Lanes will remain closed between Gulf Stream and St. Armands Circle from 6.15 a.m. to 8.30 a.m.
- St. Armands Circle: All directions will remain closed between Adams Drive and South Washington Drive from 6.15 a.m. to 7.45 a.m.
- North Tamiami Trail: Southbound Lanes between Blvd. of the Arts and Indian Beach Drive between 6.30 a.m. and 10.30 a.m.
- Bay Shore Road: Northbound lanes from Indian Beach Drive to North Shore Drive between 6.30 a.m. and 9.45 a.m.
Officers and Volunteers will stay posted along the route. They will be there to assist the motorists and residents in congested areas. Primarily they will be there to ensure safety for the Half Marathon participants. Sarasota Half Marathon brings traffic pattern changes and this is an outcome.
The race will conclude at 11 a.m. and traffic is likely to resume a state of normalcy.