Banking sectors jobs in India are known for the best job security. In the present situation, where there is the biggest job security issue in different sectors, most candidates look for sectors with the dependable job security.
For those eyeing on the jobs in the banking sector, good news awaits. There are plans to recruit 85000 banking staff in the next couple of years. We also see that the recruitment for public sector banks has been on the rise in the past few years. This is because of the increasing vacancies in different banks.
Experts predict that the same thing will happen in the next couple of years as well.
Not just public sector banks:
Thanks to the entry of private operators into the Indian banking sector. Candidates looking for a job in the banking sector now have other options. Yes, those particular about bank jobs, but are not worried whether to enter the public or private sector, they can very well keep an eye on the recruitment notifications issued by private banks.
Updated knowledge is important:
For candidates with the goal of entering the banking sector, they should keep themselves updated. Not just banking sector knowledge, but they should know when to apply for the bank exams. They should keep themselves updated about the upcoming bank exams.
Timely application submission is important:
Most banks give a month’s time to apply after the recruitment notification is out. So, candidates should first keep an eye on the notifications. Once they see the notification, they should look for the dates in the notification. They should gather the last date of applying, the date of the recruitment exam and the last date to pay the application fee.
Further, they should know when to download the admit card. They should know when to reach the examination hall on the date of examination. They should keep reminders, such that they do not miss any important dates. Most bank notifications come with ‘important dates’ section. Candidates can just take a picture of this page on their phone and can save the same. This will help them to know the exact date then and there. They can stay assured that they do not miss out any crucial dates.
Gather required skills for banking sector:
Before they apply for any banking exams, it is the responsibility of the candidates to make sure that they are suitable for bank jobs. For instance, those applying for bank PO jobs should make sure that they have the following skills:
- Willingness to transfer from one city to another as most bank jobs are transferrable
- Flexibility to do any work assigned
- Well-organized as the candidates will have to deal with a lot of data
- Accuracy is maintaining records is important as the banking sector is something to do with finances
- Quickness is important. Sometimes, the workload will be heavy and tasks should be completed as quickly as possible
- The candidates should be good at mathematical calculations
- Good communication skill is important as there are greater chances of customer integration
When a candidate has these skills or when he is capable enough to gain these skills, he can apply for bank jobs.
Knowledge about bank exams:
Candidates interested in banking sector jobs should also gain knowledge about bank exams. CWE or Common Written Exam is the most popular bank exam conducted by IBPS in India. Here are some details to know about this exam:
- The CWE examination is conducted separately for PO and clerk position in Indian Public Sector Banks
- There is also a separate exam for specialist officer position in banks
- For the PO and Clerk positions IBPS CWE is conducted two times a year, while for the specialist officer position, it is conducted once in a year.
- The scorecard will be valid for one year from the date of taking the test. If the one-year expires, candidates will have to take up the exam again.
So, jobs in banking sector 2018 are expected to be huge. Candidates should keep themselves updated, which is more important.