There are a few things that every guy has to know. And these are mostly life hacks. From how to properly cook a steak to the clear-cut rules om matching the dress shoes to your suit, these hacks make a guy’s life easier. Here are 15 Life Hacks Every Modern Gentleman Follows: How Many Do You?
Clothing & Style
- Rolling the shirt sleeves the right way: Instead of rolling the cuff in a slow way up your sleeve, flip the cuff back up. Then pull it to just below the elbow. Then take the bottom and fold it up so it traps and covers the bottom cuff.
- Packing a suit without wrinkling it: Simply wrap your suit in tissue paper and then place it in a bag for keeping it in good condition.
- Learning the “sometimes, always, never” rule for jacket buttons: The top button can sometimes be buttoned. The middle button must always be buttoned and the last should never be buttoned.
- Matching the dress shoes and suit: Follow this simple chart set as the featured image and everything will be fine.
- When possible, always try buying full-grain leather goods: It is without a doubt the highest-quality leather money can buy.
- Investing in quality shoe trees: A good pair of shoe trees will maintain the shape of the nice work shoes. It will prevent the leather from warping or cracking and will absorb any excess moisture from the shoes.
- Hang the suits and dress shirts on cedar wood hangers: The cedar will act as a repellent for moths and will absorb the moisture. The hangers will not stretch out clothing.
- Fold the sweaters instead of hanging them: Even lightweight sweaters stretch out if they are kept on a hanger for long. It is better if you fold them and keep in the wardrobe.
- Going sockless without causing a stink: Loafer socks are undetectable but effective at soaking up the sweat and doesn’t leave any funky odor.
- Use leather soap and oil for preserving the shoes: After a tough winter, make sure you take care of the nice shoes. It will increase their lifespan dramatically.
These were some of the 15 Life Hacks Every Modern Gentleman Follows: How Many Do You?
11. Using a non-soap cleanser before shaving: Soap is bad for the skin. The soap’s basicity will dry your skin out and leave it raw. A non-soap cleanser like Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser is best to use.
12. Always tell the new barber about when you last had haircut: Barbers always know how long it takes for hair to grow. So if you tell them how long it has been since your hair was the last cut, they can imagine what your hair looked like way back when. From there, you can either tell them you want it to look the same or describe how you want it to be different from last time.
13. Tailor your haircut to the shape of your face: Do you have a rounder face? Then you should get a haircut that is tighter on the sides. And if your face is longer, then get longer hair on the sides and around the temples.
14. Only wash the hair three times a week: Most hair professionals say that it is good to wash the hair only two-three times a week.
15. Pour salt on any stain right away: Say your date spills some red wine. Put some salt on it right away and work it into the carpet with your hands. You can leave it there for a few hours and then vacuum it out.
These were the 15 Life Hacks Every Modern Gentleman Follows: How Many Do You?