The problems associated with multiple credit accounts are known to people who had to deal with payment defaults. It is obviously not aperfect situation when debts start mounting due to recurrent default in payment. In such cases procuring a consolidating loan that will take all existing debts under its cover is a suitable approach for dealing with the financial problem. But everyone is not a suitable candidate for debt consolidation credit. There are afew rules that determine the applicability of a person who is opting for debt consolidation; these rules are included below:
- The genuine condition of the person with respect to his/her financial situation – A person should really be unable to handle all the debts individually for making an application for debt consolidation. If the financial situation is suitable for paying the different loans, then consolidation might not be offered.
- Pledging an asset – When consolidation is the chosen course of action for debt repayment then in most cases a guarantee has to be given against the consolidation debt loan. If a person wants to seek an unsecured consolidation loan, then it will have a very high rate of interest, and sometimes companies also refuse to give aloan for debt consolidation without an asset which can be kept as security.
- The current credit situation of the person – The service provider offering consolidation as an option will obviously take a look at the financial record of the person applying for the loan.
Therefore, consolidation is an option that should always be chosen after due consideration because if a person fails to honor the terms of the consolidation loan by making payment defaults, then it will create a grave situation as well as can considerably lower the score of the individual in the credit industry.
Acquiring correctInformation about debt consolidation services
People often browse the Internet for information related to financial tools and services including options present for debt relief. Many agencies are working online that serve clients who are looking for services that will allow them to handle their debts easily. Nationaldebtrelief.com is a suitable site for gaining insight regarding the function and utility of debt consolidation and allied debt relieving options.
However, information on the Internet is also provided by fraudsters who will claim to relieve the immense pressure of debt in an instant. People should be wary about such services because once a huge amount of debt has accumulated, it cannot be settled in an easy payoff. The whole process will be, and the total principal money that has been taken as credit has to be returned. The relief is offered in the interest rate and time span. Hence one should be cautious about choosing such services.
The possible drawbacks of settling debts through consolidation
There are more than a few pitfalls which debtors ought to consider when they feel the need to consolidate the accumulated debt. These are discussed in detail below:
- The tenure of the loan – The application of debt consolidation will definitely lower the sum that is to be paid monthly along with the interest rate levied on the loan taken for consolidating the multiple unpaid loans. However, the schedule chalked out for payment is substantially extended which can imply that a person is paying more than what he/she had to pay if the debts were not consolidated. The lending agency that works towards debt consolidation might extend the tenure, so the client pays that money for a long time. This will ensure that the lending agency makes a considerable profit. Thus, while choosing a loan for consolidation purposes, one should be very alert and attentive.
In case of credit card, the debt it is suitable to forward the query to the issuer of the card. A person should ask the credit card issuing company about the time span needed for resolving all the present credit card debts. The amount along with the interest rate given by the issuing agency should be compared against the loan that one wishes to opt for consolidation. The lowest sum is always the correct answer and the best method for solving the debt.
- Negative impact on the financial score – The loans that are present are actually transformed into a single loan for debt consolidation. This implies that the existing credit accounts are closed and a new one is started in its place. Therefore, the financial stability of a person which is judged by the credit score in the lending market is getting affected by a consolidation loan. The consistency in repayment procedure of loans enhances the credit score while using a debt consolidation tool will lower the score. The decrease in score also affects the financial report which lenders view before passing a loan for a particular person.
- Putting the present assets at risk – When consolidation is opted for taking a loan amount to merge unsecured loans that have turned into debts then security or a guarantee is needed for acquiring the consolidation loan. Usually secured forms of consolidation are chosen because such loans are easier to get, but in this case, one should remember that there is collateral involved in the whole agreement. If the person due to any unforeseen reason fails to adhere to the terms and conditions of the loan, then the assets which have been pledged will be confiscated.
- Sacrificing special benefits
In some cases, likestudent creditthere are benefits like discounts on the interest rate, rebates, etc. but if the loan is combined together with other debts for consolidation, then no more benefits for a particular loan can be availed because it has already been consolidated with other debts.
Wrapping things up
The suitability of debt consolidation differs from person to person depending on their financial situation and amount of debt. For some, it is the best possible method while for others self-made solutions for debt management are preferred over such services.